Saturday, September 16, 2006

Treadmill tale

This morning I went to the gym in Foster City rather than at the USF Koret Center as I usually do. This was because I wanted to go into the office, cleanup and organize the piles of paperwork that have accumulated on my desk since taking on the Treasury and Cash Management duties last month.

Since our move to 8th Avenue, I've cut back on gym visits from 4 to 3 times a week. It's been good because the time I would have used at the gym has been spent browsing for our condo, plus my muscles haven't been as sore. I was probably overtraining and wasn't allowing enough rest time between workouts. As a result, I've been running faster and longer on the treadmill and have more strength on the rowing machine.

When things with the condo settle down, I plan to go back to 4 workout days, but the 4th visit away from the gym. I'm not sure what it will be, but I've read it's beneficial to cross train to prevent burnout. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, so I'll do whatever works for me to continue exercising.

No comments: