Friday, March 09, 2012

Coming soon...new Brentwood Bowl


Yes, the photo says it all.  I can finally talk about a new bowling center opening rather than closing on the San Francisco Peninsula. Brentwood Bowl will be opening a new center across the street from their current El Camino Real location, the former Century Plaza theater in South San Francisco.  I got the news last week from bowling pal Jon when I ran into him at Classic Bowl.  After my other bowling buddy Rich put up a picture of this sign on his Facebook page last night, I had to drive out and see this for myself.

I've been told the new Brentwood won't open for about another year.  When it does, there are two huge pluses: 1. 40 lanes, (24 lanes more than what they now have), and,  2.  the theater's HUGE PARKING LOT.  In very close vicinity are many family restaurants (Red Robin, Pasta Pomodoro, Fresh Choice), Tanforan Center and Mall, BART San Bruno, Highway 380/280 and San Francisco International Airport.

I bowled in a summer league at Brentwood 3 years ago. I stopped bowling there because of the difficulty to find parking and the lack of suitable leagues at my playing level.  Once the new Brentwood opens, it's likely many bowlers from Serra and Classic will also bowl here, including me.

While this doesn't diminish last week's bad news about Serra's closing on April 15, knowing new lanes will open cushions the sting.  A lot.





No comments: