Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014 World Series Film

source: SF Examiner
Last Monday (November 10) Fox Sports 1 aired 2014's World Series Film. As I did in 2012, I recorded it on my DVR when it re-aired Wednesday morning.

I immediately watched when I got home from bowling and watched it again the next evening. The DVD is on order at Amazon and will be available to ship on November 25.

Like I did with the 2012 World Series film, I'll probably watch the DVR recording at least once a week for the next year.

As mentioned in my November 25, 2012 entry, the team that wins the World Series usually chooses a well-known actor who is an avid fan of the team.

For the 2010 film, it was Rob Schneider. 2012, Benjamin Bratt. 2013 (Boston Red Sox), Ben Affleck. This year's narrator, Colin Hanks.

The 2012 film ended with a very funny segment of Giants players doing Hunter Pence impersonations. For 2014, players did impersonations of none other than NLCS and World Series MVP, Madison Bumgarner.

Below is a video clip. Performances by Bruce Bochy, Jeremy Affeldt, Brandon Crawford, Buster Posey, Bumgarner's post season housemate Tim Hudson, Javier Lopez, 2012's subject Hunter Pence, and Michael Morse.


No comments: