Sunday, January 17, 2016

Spotlight - Thomas McCarthy

Tom McCarthy, director, screenwriter, actor
source: imdb
His face is vaguely familiar as an actor in films and TV such as "Meet The Parents" and HBO's "The Wire".

When you go to his biography on imdb.com or Wikipedia, you'll mumble to yourself, "that's him?" once you read he's been a screenwriter for the Pixar film "Up" and Disney's "Million Dollar Arm".

And for those of you that are independent film buffs, you'll be in awe when you find out he directed AND wrote the screenplays for "The Station Agent", "The Visitor", "Win Win" (which I saw on HBO this weekend and prompted me to write this blog entry).

He also directed and wrote the screenplay for one of the best films I saw this year, "Spotlight", which got an Oscar nomination for Best Picture this past week.

I've been a fan and didn't know it. I've seen all but one of his directed films.

Here is the trailer for "Spotlight":


No comments: