Sunday, October 09, 2016

Bimmer Bumper Boo Boo

my car's boo boo
blog entry: January 3, 2016


















Two Saturdays ago, I was on my way home from bowling practice. As I was about to make a right turn from King Drive to Skyline Boulevard in Daly City, a young woman (about 27) rear ended me. Fortunately, it was only a hard tap. My car didn't shake or jerk on impact.

blog entry: January 3, 2016

She initially offered to pay cash for the damage and asked me not to file insurance as I was the second person she hit.

I said no. Once she accepted that I would contact my insurance company, she said she'd text me her insurance information. True to her word, I got proof of insurance within 2 hours of the accident. I filed the claim over the phone shortly afterwards.

Because of urgent deadlines the following week at work, I wasn't able to get the car to the body shop until Thursday.

I am currently driving a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (same color as the photo below) as my loaner until the body work is completed. The Santa Fe isn't a bad car, but it's not mine. I miss my car's handling and acceleration. Most of all, I miss driving a manual transmission.

I called the body shop yesterday. They sounded pretty certain my car will be ready tomorrow. I certainly hope so.

source: Car Connection
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport





No comments: