Saturday, October 01, 2016

BMW Films - Return of The Driver

source: BMW Films
Clive Owen as The Driver
I bought my first BMW in 1998. I bought my third BMW in 2016 (see January 3, 2016 entry).

My first Clive Owen sighting was a 1999 neo-noir film called "Croupier".

Major crush on Clive. Big love for the BMW.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect match when in 2001, BMW announced a film series called "The Hire". The driver for hire?  The ultra-cool Mr. Owen.

The films did not disappoint. A partial list of actors and directors:
Ray Liotta, Don Cheadle, Gary Oldham, John Frankenheimer, Ang Lee, Guy Ritchie and Wong Kar-Wai. 

This past week, BMW announced a new film to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of "The Hire". Clive Owen reprises his role as The Driver. The film debuts October 23, 2016.

If you haven't seen them, the films are great short stories that highlight why BMW's are ultimate driving machines. I've included 2 of my favorites from the series.

1. "Chosen". Clive's co-star is Ang Lee's son, Mason.


2. Probably the funniest and most popular in The Hire series, "Star".
Guy Ritchie directs his former wife in the title role.
When the camera closes in on The Driver's hand toggling the gearshift in neutral, Madonna's gonna be in for a memorable ride.

No comments: