Sunday, August 13, 2017

Steel Toe Boots - First Pair

source: Amazon.com
Avenger Women's Steel Toe Hikng Boot
Since I began my new position in June, many of my work duties are no longer exclusively 8 to 5 sitting in a cushy, air conditioned office.

On customer visits I make 1 to 3 times a week, I wear 1 of 3 women's polo shirts (2 black, 1 royal blue) with our company logo. For those visits to car dealerships, I wear slip resistant clogs (see July 9, 2017 blog entry).

Next month, I'll be handed off another account. Not a dealership, but one of the industrial kind. The visit will require me to wear a hard helmet, safety goggles, safety vest, and for the first time, steel toe boots.

I spent most of Friday night perusing the work clothing/shoes brands (Red Wing, Wolverine, CAT, Timberland, Skechers). Like premium quality bowling shoes, women's choices in steel toe boots are limited. I won't need to wear them too often, but would like them to be comfortable yet durable.

Boots should come in next week. Let's hope my choice 'works' out.

No comments: