Sunday, October 08, 2017

Relax, Release, Repeat

source: personalbuy.com
thanks Ken and Cel for the inspiration
Since the purchase of my new bowling ball in July, I'm having difficulty adjusting to it.

My averages in both leagues are down - as much as 10 pins so far this season.

I'll save you the 20-plus reasons why I'm in a slump. The root cause: differences in fit between my new and old ball.

Without being comfortable with the fit, I failed to execute 3 simple but critical components of bowling: relax, release, and repeat.

It resulted in developing bad habits such as grabbing, tugging, muscling, and awkward finish at the foul line.

I put in some extra practice this week and made an adjustment on where I placed bowling tape on my thumb. I'm hoping I'll pick up (spares especially) from where I left off at the end of spring season.

It's a long season, so I have some time to figure it out.

No comments: