Monday, September 03, 2018

Goodbye Movie Pass

CineArts @ Empire West Portal
September 3 2018
movie times
As Labor Day 2018 comes to an end, I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

For me, it was my annual trip to Reno: weekend stay at Silver Legacy and a walk across the street to bowl 5 squads over 2 days in the Asian American Labor Day Tournament. I bowled well in yesterday's squads, including a 225 game in my doubles match with Leo. Hopefully it will be enough for us to cash out.

Today, it was an encore viewing of Crazy Rich Asians. I knew from the time I saw it 3 weeks ago I would see it again. I laughed and cried as much as I did the first time.

I paid for the first viewing by Fandango. As the movie just came out, it wasn't likely I'd have the option of buying it through my Movie Pass membership.

Three weeks later, I thought that would change. It did not.

First photo is a screenshot of today's movie showings at CineArts @ Empire in San Francisco's West Portal neighborhood.

 

The next 2 screenshots show why I cancelled my Movie Pass subscription today. There is only ONE of THREE films showing at CineArts @ Empire eligible on Movie Pass.

This was also the case at Cinemark Tanforan. After 3 weeks from its wide release, Crazy Rich Asians is still NOT available on Movie Pass.

If I can't see a new and popular film from Movie Pass, then my subscription is useless.

No comments: