Sunday, September 09, 2018

Hello Cinemark Movie Club

Shortly after I cancelled my Movie Pass membership, I enrolled in a new movie club membership, Cinemark Connections.

I chose this membership because most movies I watch are at Cinemark owned theaters. I can purchase in advance my tickets, choose my seats and have the tickets downloaded to my phone's wallet in minutes.

With Movie Pass, it required me to be at the theater to check in through the app, choose the desired show time, and then purchase the ticket with the Movie Pass issued MasterCard.

If I wanted decent seats, then it would require for me to arrive at the theater at least an hour before  show time. On top of the lack of movies eligible, this sealed my decision to cancel my membership.

In case you can't read the screenshot, here are Cinemark's Movie Club benefits:
  • One credit per month good for one 2D ticket.
  • Unused credits roll over and never expire when you're a member.
  • Pay just $8.99 for additional tickets.
  • 20% off concessions.
  • Waived online fees.
  • Earn Connections points for every purchase.
If you visit other movie houses on a regular basis besides Cinemark, this membership probably won't work for you. 

No comments: