Monday, April 24, 2006

Reconnecting

Yesterday, Pauline and I attended a house warming hosted by a former co-worker, Christine Tapia. Chris and I used to work for Josh at Inktomi and e-centives. It had been 3 or 4 years since I last saw her. Things have changed.

The last time I saw Chris, she was living with her boyfriend Nick. Chris now lives with her partner Mandy and they have a son, Jacob. Another former co-worker, Charlotte, was also at the house warming with her husband Jeff and their daughter Isabella. When I last saw Charlotte, she was married to Larry.

After inhaling some yummy food, I popped into the nursery to say hello. Chris introduced me to Charlotte, forgetting that we all worked together. Josh and Amy arrived later. Pauline, Amy, Josh and I grabbed dinner in San Mateo afterwards. Overall, it was a fun evening.

I’ve worked 7 jobs in the 20-plus years I’ve lived in San Francisco (not including temporary assignments or jobs of less than a year). I’ve made numerous friends from these jobs and regretfully have lost touch with some of them. With e-mail now, it’s not as hard to stay in touch.

It’s always great to get together with someone you haven’t seen in awhile.

No comments: