Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm Gumby, dammit!


I haven’t blogged in awhile and it wasn’t because I was ill or on vacation. I’ve been operating from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. non-stop this week. Monday – laundry night. Tuesday and Wednesday - gym night. Tonight – condo meeting. Tomorrow – haircut and color.

I know I could have made this less stressful by skipping a gym night, or not insisting on cooking a dish last night for our potluck lunch today. But when the CFO said my Pad Thai tastes great, then I'll cook all the time. This only has meaning for people like me who enjoy cooking. I only wish I had more time to do it.

Then tonight’s condo meeting went on about an hour too long. The problem is that we had 2 parties on conference call. Neither had the agenda Pam sent to our condo group website, and there was a tendency to ramble. It looks like the closing date will be mid-July. Our move out date is July 31. We’re cutting it close, but I’m fairly certain we’ll make it.

Work continues to keep me busy and I prefer it that way, but it can be too much. For the past 3 years, I haven’t been able to take more than a week’s vacation. If I take any time off, my work will sit there because I really don’t have a backup person. The longer I’m gone, the more work I have to do when I get back. My vacation hours will stop accruing if I keep going at this pace. I try to prevent this by taking off a Friday here and there.

My next Friday off is the end of this month. Can't wait.

photo courtesy of presentationresources.net

No comments: