Monday, September 11, 2006

Nine Eleven

Many of us will have his or her own memories of September 11, 2001. Up until then, it still was a significant date (Josh's and Amy's wedding anniversary, Lisa's former wedding anniversary, and my ex-roommate Humda's birthday).

Sherman, my parents and my grandparents live in lower Manhattan and did in 2001. My grandfather passed away last year. Lisa and Joe called me that morning to make sure my family was OK. I had just talked to Cindy in Ohio to find out if she heard anything. She would an hour later and everyone in my family was OK.

Later that week, I got a call from Mindy, who would become my manager at my current job. While Mindy is no longer here, my 5 year anniversary is October 1. This will be my first job where I have worked 5 continuous years.

No comments: