Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tissue parade

I caught a cold Friday. Because of my allergies, I often confuse the start of a cold as a bad allergy day. On the drive home from Michael's (Bloom) gig in Half Moon Bay, I was still in denial even though I was grabbing tissues every 3 minutes. By the time I got into San Francisco, the wads had taken up most of the map pocket in my car. It wasn't until I woke up Saturday with sinus pressure and a sore throat and came to the conclusion this is now a cold.

On top of that, my left eyelid and forehead have welts which give the impression I lost a boxing bout. This happened very early Thursday morning, after a buzzing mosquito woke me up, probably looking for another area of my body to attack. I also have welts on my left wrist and right shoulder. The last time I swelled up like this from insect bites was in high school, only a lot worse. My right eye completely swelled shut and my lower lip looked like I had a collagen injection overdose.

Despite these maladies, I will be out the door (obviously not so bright-eyed and bushy tailed) Monday morning to go to work.

No comments: