Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thou shalt not steal

Tonight I stayed late at the office for 2 reasons, the first, our cleaning person Isaurina was cleaning our condo at 5:30 p.m. She was unable to come on her usual day (every other Tuesday). The second, I caught another employee stealing from us. The employee hasn't yet been questioned, but I've done enough of these audits to know what I found is outright stealing.

As written in my previous entry in October, 2006, I understand the temptations to steal, but not much else. For me, I could never live with myself. Nor would I be able to find any decent paying job where trust is paramount. I'd have to live my life in complete isolation, which for an outgoing, extroverted person like me, is a fate worse than death.

While I would NEVER condone stealing, D.B. Cooper's stunt in 1971 is the way to go. Plan it extremely well, do it only once for a huge sum of money, and never be seen or heard from again.

No comments: