Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A blast from the past


Today on my way home from work, I had to do a double take to make sure my contact lenses hadn't been inserted inside out. As I was approaching the exit at 19th Avenue/Highway 1 from 280, a Chevy Chevette appeared in the lane to the right of me.

Pardon my car's dashboard hogging the bottom of the screen. It's not easy snapping a picture while making sure I was maintaining my speed in the fast lane (yes, I was over 65 mph).

I haven't seen a Chevette in probably 20 years. Model year is likely from the mid to late 70's. I'm not sure if the owner drives this car full time, but it did appear to be in decent shape repainted in the color seen. This wouldn't be a car I'd necessarily want to preserve, so it's my guess it possesses some sort of sentimental value.

The pathetic part is that I would have been of driving age when the car first came out. Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow a Chevette! Let me know when you see a Pacer! ;-)

-Tim