Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Neighborhood Nuisance


Today, San Francisco Chronicle columnist C.W. Nevius wrote about my San Francisco neighborhood, the Sunset district and our fight to rid urban blight.

The description of the house and its occupants accurately describes our neighbors across the street. I wrote about them in a previous blog entry this past July. I'm certain the article is about these folks. The San Francisco police visit this house regularly.

On my way home from work November 4, 5 SFPD squad cars were in front of our house, 2 of them blocking my driveway. I had to circle around the block to give them some time to finish their "visit".

This past weekend (as described in my Twitter posting), a motorcycle roared up and down the street all evening. I called the non-emergency number and the dispatcher said they'd look into it. Within an hour, the noise stopped. It's apparent the SFPD keep a close watch on this house. It's helping, but it will take some time before the problem is completely eliminated.

Until then, I have to grit my teeth and put up with it. Just as I end this blog, the motorcycle just roared down the street. Again. Sigh.

No comments: