Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bowler Chick


Since I've blathered on all week about getting back into bowling, my new ball came in today. Immediately after getting the ball, I headed to Presidio Bowl to try out the ball. I bowled terribly.

First, I realized that holding your own ball is not the same as holding a house ball. Second, bend my knees. Third, release the ball a bit earlier to get a better follow through.

My sister Cindy comes in tomorrow and I'll be off work (but accessing email regularly) until next Thursday. I want to squeeze in one more practice session to work on a consistent release, which is my biggest problem right now.

But most importantly, I've got the pretty ball and flashy shoes now. I may not bowl like a pro, but I'm having a ton of fun looking like one.

No comments: