Monday, March 23, 2009

Springing forward

I haven't written in the past 2 weeks because for me there were changes other than setting our clocks an hour ahead a few weeks ago. And I'll leave it at that. My close friends and family know the details. Entries for the next month or so may be sporadic.

Other than my intentionally cryptic announcement, I just joined for the first time in almost 30 years, a formal bowling league at Bel Mateo (very close to work). Signed a membership card, paid dues ($20/year), and bowled 3 games tonight with 3 guys: Jeff, Dave and Mike, who happen to be all awesome bowlers. I forgot how much fun league bowling is. It's more fun than it is competitive, lots of camaraderie and support. Relaxed pace enough that one can socialize with fellow bowlers.

Not that I didn't enjoy my time playing softball, but I wish I would have gotten into league bowling a lot sooner. I am probably having more fun now than I did 30 years ago. Since I began bowling Thursday lunch with the office in February, I've gone 2-3 times a week. I've become hopelessly addicted to the game.

No comments: