Sunday, October 05, 2014

Moving In, phase I

Bed duster is now a temporary window shade. Coach purse strap used to tie the blind. Airbed is used as an anchor to keep the window open.
As many of you already know, I moved to a new home over the weekend. The sweet house I rented in the Outer Sunset was sold and the new owners moved in.

I've moved only 9 times in my entire life. Which is why I absolutely, positively hate moving. I put everything off until the last minute. What I saved in money using non-professional movers was lost in time. Too much time. I've begun to unpack but it'll probably take me at least another week before everything is where I want it to be.

For the first time in 31 years, I am now a resident of a zip code other than 94122 (17 years) and 94118 (14 years). I moved to the Lakeside District, which is in zip code 94132, on the south side of San Francisco. I am sharing a 2 bedroom, 2 bath house east of 19th Avenue, just across from San Francisco State University and Stonestown Shopping Mall.

I chose to share a house with another person because 1-bedroom apartments in my price range and desired neighborhoods were too old, too small, too dark and lacked amenities such as on-site laundry and a full kitchen.

As the wall color and bedroom layout is just like my other place, I woke up very briefly thinking I was still at my old place. I'm not, so I've got to get back to unpacking a few more boxes.

More updates to follow.

No comments: