Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Redemption Feat: Stephen Curry wins 3-point shootout

source: USA Today
The first time I saw Steph Curry play basketball was in 2008. He was a sophomore at Davidson University playing in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

What immediately impressed me about Steph was, and still very much is his quick-release, soft touch shooting from 3-point range. His relaxed, enthusiastic demeanor makes it so much fun to watch him play.

When the Golden State Warriors drafted him in 2009, it was exciting news. However, I had some concern that his slight build would not hold up well against taller and stronger players in the NBA.

I'm glad I've been proven wrong.

As the Warriors have started out white hot for the first half of this season, much of it has to do with Steph maturing into one of the best players in the NBA.

And that maturity has extended into competing in the 3-point contest held yesterday. I also think ESPN's Kenny Mayne helped. Shown last week, Kenny enlisted the assistance of a 10-year girl, Jaden Newman, and 3 retired NBA players: Robert Horry, Tim Legler and Steph's dad, Dell Curry, aka Papa Bear, to get Steph prepared for the 3-point contest.

If you're a basketball fan and haven't seen it, it's fun and really shows off Steph's style. I've already seen it at least 6 times.


No comments: