Sunday, June 19, 2016

Madison Bumgarner - 2016 Home Run Derby?

source: Deadspin
As I lick my wounds from tonight's Game 7 Golden State Warriors devastating loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, I'll focus on another Bay Area positive - The San Francisco Giants. Currently in first place in the National League West, the Giants sweep the weekend series over the Tampa Rays (in Tampa) earlier today.

I have never been comfortable with my teams doing too well too early. Case in point: tonight's Warriors loss. Seasons are long and grinding. How a team plays during the regular season doesn't always extend to post-season. Just ask the Detroit Tigers in the 2012 World Series. Or the 2014 Washington Nationals.

I'll end with a personal, quiet campaign to permit Madison Bumgarner participate in this year's Home Run Derby at next month's MLB All-Star Game. Likely won't happen, but what the hell. Perhaps YouTube's MrHighlightVideos featuring Bum's career homers might help.

No comments: