Sunday, January 29, 2017

Lunar New Year 2017 -Year of the Rooster

source: Google image search results
A minor, probably nit-picky gripe tonight. Yesterday began the new Lunar New Year (Rooster).

I may be ethnically Chinese, but am on a mission to stop calling it "Chinese New Year". Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia are among a few Asian countries that also celebrate the Lunar New Year as well.

I even found 4 of my first 5 Google search results for "Lunar New Year" show "Happy Chinese New Year" or "Happy Chinese Lunar New Year". Hoped it would change when I cleared my cache and logged off my Google account. It didn't.

End of gripe. I wish everyone Happy Lunar New Year to family and the friends I consider family. If you're reading this now, you're probably one of them.

No comments: