Sunday, September 24, 2017

Star Trek: Discovery

source: CBS
While not a die-hard fanatic, I consider myself an avid follower of the Star Trek series.

I was one that eagerly waited for months to see tonight's premiere episode of Star Trek: Discovery on CBS.

I found the first episode very promising. Of course it helps when one of my all-time favorites, Michelle Yeoh (see November 18, 2007 blog entry) is cast as Captain Philippa Georgiou.

Is it so good that I'll cough up the CBS All-Access subscription fee?
Maybe.

And yes, the subscription fee is in addition to your already overpriced cable bill.

Episode 2 is already available now. What I'll probably do is use the 7-day free trial later in the week to squeeze in Episodes 2 and 3. Then I'll stick the crowbar in my wallet to endure endless ads (ad-free is $4 more) to watch the remaining episodes.

No comments: