Sunday, January 14, 2018

Google Art and Culture App

Spent the past half hour playing with a fun new app, Google Art and Culture. Yes, it's available for iPhone too.

I got carried away with the app because I wanted a match to be at least 50%. As the app is brand new, don't expect too much. I was dismayed to see up to 36% matches with portraits of young boys and older men (I blame middle age and eye bags).

Phone's battery must have breathed a sigh of relief when I settled on Diego Rivera's Portrait of Dolores Olmedo with a 51% match.

The next highest match, 44%, is Nguyen Thu's watercolor.

To relieve your guilt of all the me-me-selfies you've taken, there's also lots of cool stories in arts and photography - the cultural part of the app.

Your gray matter will leave you with the big 'E' trio:
Entertainment, Education and Enlightenment.

No comments: