Sunday, May 13, 2018

iPhone 8 Plus - 4th Apple phone

iPhone 8 plus
iPhone 4S, 5S, 6S
Happy Mother's Day!

My history with the iPhone began in 2012, starting with the 4S model (see blog entry September 27, 2015). As of yesterday, I retired the 6S and bought an 8 plus. The battery on the 6S was on its last legs almost a year ago, but I did not update at that time because my contract to pay off the phone wasn't until April 2018.

I chose the 8 plus over the 8 because I needed a bigger viewing screen for my middle aged eyes. I chose the 8 plus over the 10 because I wanted to keep Touch ID. Face ID replaces Touch ID on the iPhone 10.

As I never owned previous iPhones for more than 2 years, I didn't realize how quickly the battery power deteriorates until I got the 6S. Especially when I used the GPS. Power would drop 10% to 15% in less than 10 minutes.

Prior to Apple, the only other cell phone brand I've owned more than once is Nokia (see blog entry March 7, 2014).

As I did with the previous iPhones, I buy a new phone cover. I'll get that tomorrow or Tuesday. I also ordered a new 2-in-1 adapter (newest iPhones no longer have a earphone jack) yesterday. I'm seriously considering a magnetic holder to put on my car's dashboard.

Let's hope the latest and almost greatest iteration of this iPhone will have a more robust battery life than the S's.

No comments: