Sunday, November 04, 2018

Dom Barrett - 2018 PBA US Open Champion


source: Bowl.com
2018 PBA US Open Champion
Dom Barrett
On the right side of my blog page, there is a list of links which are labels I've added to all entries.

You'll notice bowling and San Francisco Giants are the biggest and darkest. It's no secret among professional bowlers, Danielle McEwan and Dom Barrett are my favorites.


So it was only fitting that this past Wednesday during league night, Dom Barrett climbed the stepladder as the 4th seed to win the 2018 PBA US Open.

Before league shadow practice started, I caught about the first 4 frames of Dom's match with Kris Prather live on CBS Sports. My first thought, wow, Dom's defeated Marshall Kent and EJ Tackett.

Kris had a rather sizable lead over Dom. I figured then it'd be a Prather-Buttruff final, especially after the way both bowled all week. Our scoreboards came up and I had to go to my pair to start league for the night.

It wasn't until my last game my teammate Jason asked me if I wanted to know who won. I said yes. He showed the picture from his phone.

Dom's wearing a green jacket. WOW.

Fist pumps follow and cheers of yes! yes! yes!

Along with Liz Johnson's climb as the 5th seed in the 2017 PWBA US Open, the 33-year old native of England demonstrated poise, experience, grit, grind and determination to defeat 4 bowlers in their 20's (Kent, Tackett, and Prather are 26, Buttruff is 24).

I've already watched the match twice. I'll likely watch it again tonight. I watched his 2013 PBA World Championship match versus Sean Rash at least 6 times.

Congratulations Dom!

No comments: