Liz Johnson, 2013, (no US Open in 2014) 2015, 2016, 2017
PWBA US Open Champion
For you clueless league hacks that think you can do this, read on.
Here's what Liz was up against for 2017's US Open:
1. 114 bowlers (not including herself) bowl 4 rounds, 8 games each (32 games) in the qualifying round.
2. Top 24 bowl 3 rounds, 8 games each (24 games) in match play.
3. Top 5 bowlers go to the televised stepladder final.
4. Liz makes it in as the 5th seed, averaging 225.38 for 56 games.
Liz climbs her way up the stepladder, defeating Nicole Trudell, Valerie Bercier, Erin McCarthy and top seed Daria Pajak. The oldest of the 4 bowlers Liz defeated is 27 (Erin McCarthy). Liz is 43.
Let that sink in for a moment.
- 32 games in 4 days.
- Bowl with a 218.34 average - this year's cut line to make it to match play.
- Bowl another 24 games in 3 days.
- Defeat 4 bowlers on TV to win the championship.
Tell me now you still think bowling isn't an athletic activity.