Sunday, August 27, 2017

Dexter's Bowling Shoes - The HT 9 Black/Grey

source: dexterbowling.com
A new bowling season begins for both my Monday and Wednesday leagues after Labor Day.

Like school supplies, bowlers are in the process of ordering new equipment (shoes, balls, wrist guards, towels, grip sacks) or maintenance on existing equipment (ball resurfacing, shoe sole and finger grip replacements).

Me - I ordered new soles (sliding and braking) for my Storm SP2 603's. This will be my 3rd season with these shoes.

I'd replace my Storm shoes with the Dexter HT 9 (pictured above) in cool Ohio State Buckeye colors in a heartbeat.

But I won't. Why? They don't make them in women's sizes.

I could probably wear the smallest men's size available, 6.5, but my last experience with men's bowling shoes the fit was too wide.

And this is my biggest gripe with women's bowling shoes, especially the higher performance kind.

The color selection of Dexter's The 9 men's sizes come in 4 other colors: 
  • Black and silver 
  • Black and orange 
  • Black and red 
  • White and black
Guess how many color selections are available for the women? 
ONE. In white, silver and girly lilac. 
I DON'T DO WHITE SHOES.

On Dexter Bowling's Facebook page a few weeks ago, they asked women their thoughts on what other combinations they want. I prefer black, but would really like the accent color to be something other than pink or purple.

If Dexter is reluctant to carry more than 2 color combinations for women in The 9, then at least offer a selection of colors to choose. A semi-custom option with Linds shoes are available at bowlerstore.com.

I'll likely retire the Storm shoes after this season. I hope by then there'll be more color choices available in Dexter's SST and The 9 line for women.

No comments: