Sunday, August 24, 2014

Earthquake, 6.0, Epicenter - American Canyon in Napa County

photo by: Carlos Avila Gonzalez, SF Chronicle
As many friends and family from outside the San Francisco Bay Area have already inquired, yes, we're OK. But at the quake's epicenter in American Canyon (Napa County), there was considerable damage. I'm sharing SFGate's Storify to show you some of the local social media feedback.

Many longtime residents have said this morning's quake was the strongest they've felt since the last "big" one, the Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989. As I wasn't in town to feel the Loma Prieta earthquake, I have no comparison. This morning's was definitely a strong jolt. I suppose if I were still living in a 3rd floor apartment with older windows I would have been a lot more alarmed.

No comments: