Sunday, December 21, 2014

Spike and Mike's Festival of Animation - favorites of all time

source: spikeandmike.com
From the late 1980's to the late 1990's, I'd buy tickets to see the latest animated films at Spike and Mike's Festival of Animation. For many years in San Francisco, it was held at The Palace of Fine Arts.

These film festivals first got me acquainted with my favorite claymation team, Wallace and Gromit. Other than the Wallace and Gromit films, I really looked forward to the encore presentation of audience favorites from previous festivals. For me, two of them stand out.

Bambi vs. Godzilla:



and, Snookles, the Baby Dragon and Little Bird:



The last festival I attended was in the late 1990's. These days, you can go to Spike and Mike's website to see the latest entries for a nominal fee.

No comments: