Monday, September 21, 2020

Rampant Robocalls

Photo on this post is my phone log from yesterday. Got 7 consecutive robocalls in the last 24 hours all with the same cell phone prefix as mine. I get probably 8 to 9 times more robocalls than legitimate, non-solicitous phone calls.

I haven't answered a single call thanks to a relatively new feature on my iPhone. If you haven't done this and don't know how, go to:

Settings -> Phone -> Call Silencing and Blocked Contacts -> Silence Unknown Callers

Most that try to call will leave me a voice mail message, text or email.

Now if only the FCC and Chairman Ajit Pai can do something about these getting rid of robocalls once for all.  They've been annoying us for too long.

 

1 comment:

jasonmcgathey said...

Yeah, these rampant spam calls are very strange and annoying - clearly the "do not call" list accomplished nothing. The weird thing, though, is that I don't see how this can possibly be even remotely profitable for these scammers. It seems like, you know, working a normal job like an actual human would be less work, and make more money.