Sunday, October 27, 2019

Public Safety Power Shutdown (PSPS) - California

Due to weather forecasts of high winds with low humidity, Pacific Gas and Electric (PGE) imposed a massive power shutdown in the San Francisco Bay Area.

My neighbors to the north in Marin County and many down south in San Mateo County had their power shutoff around 8:20 pm last night. Approximately 1 in 6 San Francisco Bay Area residents are without power.

Power is not expected to come back until at least tomorrow morning. Therefore, no bowling practice this morning. And who knows if I'll bowl league tomorrow. Bel Mateo also had their power out.

I was lucky. San Francisco County was not affected. Neither was my office at the Oyster Point Marina in South San Francisco.

The high winds containing ash, pollen and other particles is wreaking havoc with my sinuses. Lots of sneezing with a runny nose.

Welcome to a new week.

No comments: